HIDE me Overview
We always wanted to build a VPN service that you couldn't feel. That's why we offer gigabit speeds and use cutting-edge hardware and software, some of it custom built by us to do the job. Keeps you safe from hackers, identity thieves, and spies. Gives you an anonymous IP so your personal information is kept safe. Hides your actual location and connects you to our servers globally.
|Price (RRP):||from $4.99 to $9.99|
|Platforms:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10 (Version: 1.2.13)
Android 4.0 and above
Mac OS X
No Log VPN. Zero. Nada
We're dead serious about this one: we do not store logs of your online activity. Logs can easily link actions back to you, and some VPN providers pass these onto law officials when told to do so. We can't, as we don't have any. Simple.
Feel the simplicity
Unlike other VPN providers, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to get started with hide.me. Use one of our helpful guides to setup your device and get protected in a few minutes.
Servers Around The World
Our numerous servers throughout The Americas, Europe and Asia let you access various streaming sites and TV programmes restricted by your country.
hide.me VPNBuy Now
Consider the internet to be an enchanted world, filled with evil hackers, demonic spammers and satanic intruders. Only one spell can save you from these demons and that one spell is VPN.
What is a VPN?
VPN stands for "Virtual Private Network" – the most secure way to connect to the internet without risking your online identity, privacy and financial assets.
How A VPN Service Works?
A VPN creates a secure tunnel using most powerful VPN protocols – hides your original IP behind one of its own – encrypts all your communication and passes through the secure tunnel allowing you to surf the web freely and anonymously.
Replace Your Original IP With An anonymous One
When VPN was first designed, the sole purpose of the invention was to create a tunnel between distant computers for remote access. And, it was successfully achieved. But later on, VPN was more commonly used to switch between different locations IPs. Till to date, the sole purpose of a VPN is protecting the original IP of its user by simply hiding it with one of its own servers.
In simple words, when we connect to a VPN, our original IP (assigned by the Internet Service Provider) is replaced by one of the VPN servers’ IP. For example, if your ISP assigned you an IP of London (as you are in London) 18.104.22.168 and when you connect to a USA server via VPN your IP will change to 2.354.452.2. This way not only you can access the blocked websites from USA, but your original IP will remain anonymous and not even your ISP can track your online footprints.
Components of a VPN Service
- VPN Server
- VPN Protocols
Encrypts Your Data
- VPN is the best tool for Encryption. When you transfer your data via the internet it travels in forms of packets. These packets can easily be intercepted by anyone using simple tools available on the internet. Just take an example of an open Letter. You send a letter to your girlfriend via her friend. The letter is not enclosed in an envelope, so anyone who can have hands on it, can easily read it. But, what if you enclose the letter in an envelope and then glue it perfectly. This way no one can open it.
- Encryption is like the envelope and glue, that makes it harder for intruders to read your conversation and spy on your online activities. VPN is the only tool that provides strong AES256 encryption with a 8192bit key.
Avoid Censorship and geo-restrictions
- Rapidly increasing censorship and diminishing rights of Freedom of speech, boost the demand of a VPN. In many regions of the world, you are not allowed to express your thoughts and opinions.
- A VPN is the best solution to avoid Censorship and Geo-restrictions. If you are in a country like Uzbekistan or the Republic of Congo, where expressing your opinion is strictly prohibited, you can connect to a VPN and select a server like USA or UK. Now, you can easily access the websites and express your thoughts freely.
Access Blocked Websites and Apps from Anywhere at Anytime
- Many entertainment sites create lobbies to block access of online content to rest of the world. Similarly, in many regions it is forbidden to use social media websites for socialising. It is nearly impossible to watch movies from different regions if you are not physically present there.
- A VPN can help you unlock the lock doors on the internet. By simply disguising your IP with one of your desired country, you can appear online as if you are physically present in that country. For instance USA, want to watch movies, connect to USA server and get the same privileges on the internet as the USA citizens have. Similarly, if you are in a country where twitter is banned and you really need to post a story of a recent incident that you witnessed, simply connect to a VPN.
Protect & secure your WiFi connection
- When you use a public WiFi connection (say at a Starbucks or at the airport), your entire browsing activity while connected to that hotspot could be monitored and spied on. It is very much possible that the next person sitting beside you can read your communication easily. The worst part – it is very easy for hackers to create devil twin Wi-Fi Hotspots, which may confuse you if it is the original one you are connected with but in real, it is a trap.
- When connected to public, unsecured Wifi, all your data - including the most sensitive such as your credit card info - can be easily stolen by hackers. With strong and military-grade encryption, a VPN protects and secures your browsing session and keeps your data safe from snoopers and hackers.
Unrestricted Access for Expats and Travelers
- Are you an expat living far from home? Or, are you a frequent traveler? Are you missing your favourite shows and movies on the home country channel? Well, with a VPN you can access your home country channels and watch all your favourites from anywhere.
- Travellers usually face the problem, when they cannot access their online profiles and bank account due to a completely different IP. A VPN service can solve this problem too. With a Fixed or dedicated VPN IP, you can access your online profiles and bank accounts anywhere and anytime.